What is Bounce Academy?
Education for parents/caregivers to enhance their ability to hold themselves, and their families together. Forced to manage crises for which they have no training, workshops address the ongoing financial, intellectual, emotional and psychological challenges created by chronic illness.
How does the Bounce Academy program help?
- Ability to Navigate Unpredictable/Stressful Situations and Brainstorm Solutions
- Empowerment, Increased Confidence, Peer Support/Sharing
- Judgement-Free Zone Encourages Open & Honest Approach to Tough Topics
- Emphasis on Practical Tools/Techniques/Resources/Networking that build Resiliency
Who can attend a Bounce Academy education session?
All Bounce families are automatically enrolled in the Bounce Academy program and will be notified of each Bounce Academy opportunity via email and Bounce Net®.
What if I can’t leave my children at home to attend?
Recognizing that the single greatest barrier to parental participation in Bounce Academy is the inability to leave their children at home, Bounce welcomes them. Bounce Kiddos and Bounce Siblings enjoy their own “workshop”, close by, entertained, and supervised at all times.
What topics are covered in Bounce Academy?
Educational topics will be based on the needs of Bounce families. Their input will be sought to create and prioritize the Bounce Academy curriculum. Topics may include any or all of the following:
- Insurance Coverage
- Educational Rights
- Healthcare Benefits
- Government Funding/Support
- Maintaining Relationships
- Self-care Skills
- How to talk to your child about their health conditions
- Resiliency Skills
- How to transition your child from Pediatric to Adult Care
- Letting Go
- Avoiding Caregiver Burnout
- Financial planning
- How to advocate on behalf of your child
- Resiliency Skills
- Self-Advocacy Skills
- Building Relationships
How do Bounce families suggest topics?
Bounce families can share their needs/concerns and request that Bounce Academy address these topics at any time via email and Bounce Net. To share your ideas now, please click here.
How much do Bounce families have to pay to attend Bounce Academy?
Absolutely nothing! All Bounce programs and services, including Bounce Academy, are offered free of charge to members.
How can a family sign-up for a Bounce Academy session?
All families enrolled in the Bounce community will automatically be invited to Bounce Academy sessions via email and through Bounce Net.
Who qualifies to be a Bounce family and can my family join?
Membership is available to all families with a child, under the age of 18, who has been diagnosed with a chronic disease and/or permanent injury, regardless of socioeconomic status. When a child is diagnosed, the entire family is diagnosed, so we welcome – and serve – the entire family. (NOTE: all family members must live in the same household.) To join, simply complete our application by clicking here.
How can I support Bounce Academy?
There are a number of ways you can support Bounce Academy, including:
- You and/or your company can sponsor a Bounce Academysession or series of sessions.
- You and/or your company can volunteer at a Bounce Academy This may include set up/clean up, check in, helping to entertain children, etc.
- You and/or your company can share your expertise by facilitating a Bounce Academyeducational session. If you are interested in teaching coping skills, please email Info@BounceChildrensFoundation.org.
To learn about other ways to get involved with Bounce Children’s Foundation, please click here!